Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Chinta Ria Soul, Melbourne CBD by Bureaucrat

Continuing my ongoing nosh around the eatery options in the Emporium food court, today's review is about Chinta Ria Soul.

Chinta Ria Soul, Emporium, food court, seafood laksa
The seafood laksa was pretty tasty and was loaded with lots of goodies.  Plump-sized prawns, coils of calamari, reasonably thick slices of fishcake, crunchy snake beans and big puffy fried cubes of tofu. Slurp-worthy noodles.

Chinta Ria Soul, Emporium, food court, beef rendang
I'm not usually a fan of beef rendang... it just seems so boring when there's laksa, char hor fun and nasi lemak on the menu.  So I was having an off day when I ordered the rendang.  While it was nice, as far as rendangs go, I didn't finish it.  It was a generous serve with lots of tender chunks of beef (which wasn't gristly - a very good thing).  The gravy was really rich and creamy.  The condiments were rather 'meh' - the pickled veg and toasted nuts weren't too memorable.

Verdict

We liked it.

Overall

I'd go back for the seafood laksa and would like to try a few more of the menu items.

Find it at

Chinta Ria Soul
Level 3, Emporium
287 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne 3000

Chinta Ria Soul Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

2 comments:

Laura said...

I had a super express meal there last night actually- I got the char kuay teow this time. It was pretty good!

Bureaucrat said...

Ooh, that sounds good! Gotta try it next time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...