Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Harry's Restaurant (by invitation), Melbourne CBD by Bureaucrat

Christmas in July is a really great idea.  I don't know about you, but I feel like this Winter has been incredibly cold - with the icy winds biting through my layers of clothing, including my two layers of socks.  So there's no better excuse than to carbo load on hearty, warming and rich foods.  And where better to do that than at Harry's Restaurant's Christmas in July all-you-can-eat seafood buffet lunch.

Without the actual stress of Christmas, the Lawyer and I tucked into a gorgeous array of seafood, hot main course dishes and lots and lots of desserts! There's about six types of hot dishes on offer.  I particularly loved the juicy chicken w apples and gravy and the vegetarian ricotta cannoli.  The white fish (I forget what type of fish it was) with the buttery leeks and herb roasted potatoes were also very nice.

There's plenty of seafood on offer, including...

...tiger prawns...

...and my favourite, Tasmanian oysters!  There's also Portarlington mussels and smoked salmon.

I love a great dessert selection - especially when they make all the serving portions small.  That way, I can try as many as I want without feeling too piggy.

There's quite a lot of desserts to choose from, including petit fours...

...gorgeous cakes...

...and even a chocolate fountain.

We tried quite a few of the desserts. I especially loved the cakes and...

...the bread and butter pudding, which had a nice kick of alcoholic cheer.


Verdict: we liked it a lot

Overall
For a seafood buffet, this is really great value at $49 per person.  Don't miss out trying this out as the Christmas in July buffet is only around every Thursday, Friday and Saturday for lunch from now until 1 August.  The buffet is very popular, with the restaurant pretty much at full capacity on the day we went.  

Click to add a blog post for Harry's Restaurant & Bar on Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...