Friday, June 5, 2015

Filli's Cafe, Doncaster East by Obelix

A succession of errands and appointments has seen me down Doncaster way in the past few weeks.  I stumbled into Filli's famished and desperate to raise my blood sugars lest I pass out. It's a small Ma and Pa cafe affair serving breakfast type items as well as sandwiches and coffee.  For $10.50 I ordered a meal deal with a focaccia of choice and a coffee. 

My focaccia was a behemoth.  A thick chicken breast, spinach, tomato, cheese and mayo wodged within a herbed focaccia.  Despite being ravenous, I could not finish the whole thing.  It served me for lunch and dinner. 


My latte came very quickly.  It was a decaffe which was $0.60 extra. 

Verdict:  We liked it. 

Overall
Filli's Cafe is a down to earth, unpretentious cafe.  It serves it's purpose well, offering quick lunch options and a caffeine fix to those in the vicinity. 

Filli's Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...